Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Wedding Bouquets

When I was in high school, I had a part-time job at our neighborhood flower shop. It was definitely more than a job and I have learned many very useful skills that I have definitely used over the years for many weddings, high school dances and at home.

I went to the San Francisco Flower Mart with my good with Michelle from Bliss'd to scope out some possible flowers for my wedding. It is important to look at flowers to see if they are in season. To save on cost I am doing my floral arrangements including bouquets myself. Since we are having an outdoor wedding, we decided that we didn't need to do too much with flowers. I love flowers like hydrangeas and peonies. I really enjoy working with filler flowers like waxflowers, forget-me-nots, solidasters and any greenery.

If you need to cut cost for your wedding, taking on this task on would definitely help the wallet. So I spent about $80 dollars on flowers and I ended having enough to play with to make my bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets, 3 boutonnieres and 3 vase arrangements. I had plenty more to left over!!

Here are some inspirations that you can take on and do on your own!

:: Hydrangeas in a simple vase ::

source
:: Gerber Daisies are so fun to work with! I love to use them for simple yet fun bouquets ::

source
:: All sorts of daisies (mums) put together always makes something beautiful! ::


So here is a bouquet that I played around with. The flowers that I used were..
- Solidaster (yellow filler)
- Mini white roses
- White ranunculas
- White gerber daisies

And this is the end product. Not so bad eh? :)

Jolie Tip: If you are working with gerber daisies you should use floral wire to keep the flowers from hanging over. This way the gerbers stay secure within the arrangement and will be easier to work with. You would stick the wire into the bottom of the head of the daises and then twist down the flower stem and TA-DA.. you are done and you will have BEAUTIFUL looking gerber daisies for any arrangement!

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

1 comment: