Monday, May 10, 2010

The Six Minute DIY Pennant

I'm sure I've mentioned numerous times how I'm not any type of sewer but I still appreciate it. I even took a sewing class and that's why I have the super strength fabric scissors which I love. I wanted to create something easy but fun to decorate my friend's desk for her birthday at the last minute and resourcefully produced some Japanese tape and felt I had purchased for a previous project. Conveniently, the color of the tape and felt coordinated well.

I cut up the felt into little pennants of two alternating colors. Don't worry about cutting them too evenly or perfect--it adds more character :)


Next, I lined them up in the middle of the tape so that I had room above to fold the tape over.

I then carefully and evenly pressed down the tape over each felt piece. Obviously, this is what held all the pennants in place without the mess of glue or sewing needles.

There you have it! Prepped and created all in about six minutes.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

1 comment:

  1. How crafty. I love this idea! I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete