Tuesday, October 6, 2009

DIY Paper Rosettes

A co-worker is getting married this weekend and we wanted to make sure she came into work on her last day before she preps for the big day to be a festive one. I decided to make her different sizes of the paper rosettes that would be hanging over her desk.

A very simple and fun way to add to any occasion!!!

Materials I used:

- Paper Source's Fuschia and Curry Roll Wrapping Paper - this works great so you can get different sizes and the color is solid on both sides.
- Tape - I would recommend Super Tacky Tape
- Scissors
- Fishing line or ribbon

Instructions:

1. I folded 3 sheets of the same size about 1 inch fold the turn it around and fold again until you have folded the whole sheet of paper. Keep it folded then fold that piece in half to make a fan. Repeat this for the next 2 sheets.


2. I then apply tape to edges of the fan and attach them together. At this point you can attach your ribbon between two fans so that you can hang them. I wanted to have my hang with fishing line so I went ahead and taped them all together and just used a 1/4 inch hole punch and tied the fishing line to the rosette.


Then, you are done!!! Here are my final rosettes!

Paper Source has instructions as well! Enjoy!

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

No comments:

Post a Comment