Monday, July 20, 2009

Easy DIY Paper Lanterns

I made some paper lanterns for a bridal shower at work. They are very easy and incredibly fast to make. It is also is very inexpensive; I just grabbed whatever scrap paper I had lying around to make these.

Materials
Paper (any size and color)
Scissors
Scrap booking tape (or glue)


First, fold the paper in half and then cut strips till about 1" to the edge. You may cut the strips as thick or as thin you want depending on the look you would like to achieve. I cut mine a little bigger. (Don't mind my nail polish :))


After you cut the strips, open it back up and bring the two edges together and tape/glue them together and that's it! To make the middle spring out more, you can push it down from the top.


That's it! I hung them with some fishing wire so they look like they are floating.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

No comments:

Post a Comment