Monday, March 23, 2009

Unique Wedding Program Content


Lisa's wedding is steadily approaching and we've been brainstorming like crazy, and she is really good about thinking through the little details, so I was thinking what little details could really help make a wedding unique. People always seem to throw the wedding program on the back burner, but there are so many ways to make your wedding program unique and fun. For my own wedding, I wanted to have something in there that guests could do if there was any waiting time (ie: waiting to take photos with the bride and groom.) I decided to create crossword puzzle with some fun trivia about my husband.

I used this online program to create the crossword and what was great about this is it exports as a PDF. I opened up the PDF in Illustrator to see if it was vector based/editable, and it was! I was easily able to customize and scale the puzzle itself into my own wedding program. You could even have people submit their completed puzzle for a drawing for a small prize. Here are some examples from dellastella's blog. She made 3 different versions of a crossword puzzle, wordsearch, and mad lib and created fan programs with a different puzzle on each.

Some other fun things to i nclude in your program:
- Sodoku puzzles from KrazyDad. These also export as PDFs!
- Word searches from armoredpenguin
- creating your own mad lib like dellastella.
- "On this date" fun facts. You can look up specific events on Wikipedia.org. Type in the date, April 19, and you'll see lots of different facts about that specific day!

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

1 comment:

  1. Good response in return of this issue with solid arguments and explaining the whole thing regarding that.


    Also visit my webpage - fake oakley sunglasses

    ReplyDelete