Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Cupcake Craze

I can't help but get caught up in the whole cupcake craze. Cupcake companies like Kara's Cupcakes, Sprinkles and Magnolia's have really done considerably well in driving that craze. While they all taste pretty darn good, I think what has been really impressive through of all this is that cupcakes have basically started its own art movement.

I can't help but indulge myself into browsing (and drooling) on numerous flickr sites displaying the beautiful cupcake handiwork. I've also been seeing tons and tons of new cupcake recipes.I recently had a green tea cupcake at a wedding and was like..WHA?? Green Tea Cupcake???

Expanding ideas always leads to great discovery and what's great about the cupcake is that it's a constrained medium that people have been able to "take outside of the box" and that is what I really appreciate about the cupcake craze--that and it's general deliciousness. I'll be sure to create a post when I try a new recipe. Any suggestions?!

click image to zoom in
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
1. owl hello naomi 2.butterfly kylie lamber (le cupcake) 3. burger kylie lambert (le cupcake) 4. knitting veganyumyum.com 5. yellow flower choco cakejournal 6. colorful texture dessert ninja 7. robots hello naomi 8. ladybug hello naomi 9. puccho candy hello naomi 10. turtles cakejournal 11. pink frosting zwang 12. floral butterfly emelyasa

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

2 comments: